Working in professional isolation?
Members agree that the Guild is unique in that it provides a caring, worldwide, connection with others who willingly share scientific illustration techniques and business experiences. You don't have to be a member to visit our web site, use the Listserv, ask a question in our general Forum, or to purchase our publications, but joining GNSI has advantages.
Who can join
Membership is available for all persons or organizations having an appreciation of and a genuine interest in furthering the objectives of enhancing and diffusing knowledge about illustration for the sciences.
Professional development opportunities (think resume):
- Learn: At Guild workshops and courses, some offer credit
- Participate: Any way that you can help the Guild is likely to benefit you
- Connect: Make professional connections, join a Chapter
- Teach: Present at Guild conferences and workshops
- Officiate: Start a new chapter, or become an officer in an existing one
- Coordinate: Participate in existing Guild projects, or start a new one
Two membership options:
Print Membership: $85/yr or $160/ 2yrs (outside the USA- add $20/yr for postage or $40/yr for Airmail)
Digital Membership: $75/yr or $145/ 2yrs (all publications available online)
Membership starts from the day your dues are received.
- Membership runs from the day you join for its full term
- Optional public listing of your illustration business
- Access to the Directory of Members
- Access to all the features of the GNSI Website
- Technique Sheets II booklet (For new members)
- The GNSI Journal (published quarterly)
- Traveling Exhibit (membership not required with an institutional host)
- Funding for educational outreach (proposal based)
- Free download of most Guild publications in PDF form (through the Store when logged in)
- Reduced cost to members:
You may order a membership brochure from our online store.