Fall 2012 Courses in Scientific Illustration at the Yale Peabody Museum
- Fundamentals of Natural Science Illustration I (4 week course) - $175
- Natural History Specimens in Watercolor and Gouache (six week course) - $175
- Drawing from the Dioramas at the Peabody Museum (4 week course) - $275
- Butterflies in Colored Pencil (4 week course) - $175
- Field Sketching and Keeping a Personal Nature Journal (4 week course) - $175
- Drawing and Painting Trees (4 week course) - $175
- Oil Painting for Beginners (4 week course) - $175
- Drawing and Painting Birds (6 week course) - $275
- Drawing and Painting Autumn Leaves and Berries (2 week course) - $90
- Botanical Illustration in Watercolor (4 week course) - $175
Many of these courses have multiple sections to choose from, with different start dates, and different teachers, so the offerings are very flexible for fitting into your schedules.
First classes start Sept. 5th.
Hosted by the Connecticut Natural Science Illustrators (CTNSI)
Founded in 2009, CTNSI is a group of professional artists offering an educational art program in natural science illustration, in collaboration with the Yale Peabody Museum at its west campus in Orange, CT. The CTNSI curriculum includes all levels of instruction in drawing and painting natural history subjects and habitats.Check their website for class schedules and registration:
117 Frontage Road, Orange, CT. 203-934-0878