One of the events I did get too was the Techniques Boutique. However Dorothia Rohner made it and captured some photos of a new offering this year - the Field Kit Show and Tell.
She writes in her blog:
"Everyone loves the technique boutique. Who wouldn’t love to walk around and see how artists work? This year, the highlight was the Field Kit Show and Tell. Taina Marien of ARTPLANTAE coordinated the event. Participating artists brought their field sketching kits to share."
To see more field kits, check out Dorothia's image gallery of participants and see what different artists bring into the field to sketch. Be prepared to be inspired with their sketchbooks!
If you have a nice field sketching setup you would like to share with the Guild, send us the following:
1. An image of your materials, laid out on a white sheet or paper surface.
2. A list of what is in the image
3. An image of you in the field using your kit
4. A sample image of your work, with title and copyright information.
5. Optional short statement of what you like about your Field Kit.
We think there is a Journal article in this and we would love your help!
Send materials to Gail Guth